Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lightning Lilly Pt 3

Backing away from Lightning, I observed her close her eyes and let out a sigh (and I am seriously not making that up).  She seemed to draw something religious from the moment. She was digging me, which brought on rampant sweat secretion. I was supposed to be in love with someone else AND she knew about that. This was just a ‘thing’.

My phone had received 5 text messages during the 8 minute drive home. Yikes. Nothing turns me off faster than someone who needs to express themselves repetitively without encouragement.

The next morning the text barrage continued again from 7am (reminders and requests for coffee, how great last night was etc).  After bike training, I arranged a safe and public meeting point for coffee and debrief. ‘Debrief’ specifically meant I was going to have to end it. Lightning Lilly had already leapt way too far into a future I was never going to attend.

My plan to meet after a ride was intended to put her off.  Looking haggard and unattractive normally puts folks off right?  Not Lightning. I rocked up, secured a pose, sheltered my coffee and waited. Lightning bounced in like an omniscient prophet, sprouting enthusiastic clichés that linked like daisies on a chain. I couldn’t follow any of it, so instead settled back and listened to the elevator music playing in my head (gets switched on in certain people’s company).

To Be Continued...

1 comment:

  1. Loving it, only criticism is that it is too short …..when is the next instalment?

    ReplyDelete