Monday, November 15, 2010

Thought Gasp

I was in chat with a long term friend on Pink Sofa the other night, and our discussion evolved into my latest mantra. You have probably heard the expression 'If you love something, set it free; if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was'.  I always liked that saying, but nowadays it seems way too limiting for the Zymeister.

How about just living in a constant state of freedom? Allowing your human relationships to flourish and grow continually by offering them complete freedom as part of a continuum.

"You are free to be with me now, as I am free to be with you. You know that if I stay it is because I want to be here. Because you are allowing me to make this decision continuously, you don't need to question my motives for being here."

This is my kind of world. No cheating. No insecurity. No games.

I would then add 2 more side dishes to complete my meal:
1. Treat others as you would have them treat you.
2. Always be true to yourself

So what do you think, achievable?
Also, you may be less familiar with the alternative quote - "If you love something, set it free; if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't, hunt it down and kill it" I think a lesbian coined that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment