Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First Date

Back in 2000, when Pink Sofa.com first started, I was a quirky 20 something with a history of breaking hearts. When I heard about the whole online dating thing, I was a tad intrigued because it represented risk and awkwardness.

I pitched my profile to attract vibrant sporty types, and it only took 24 hours to attract a potential mate, probably because at that time there were only 10 or so other profiles in my region. Her name had the word 'surfer' in it, which automatically meant she was a surfer.

It is very important to note that at this time, I believed in concepts like 'true love' and 'the one'. So the fact that we were exchanging messages meant something. It was special. My special surfer chick. We arranged to meet fairly quickly because as every impatient lesbian knows, these things can not wait.

To Be Continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment