Friday, October 22, 2010

First Date Final - Learnings Included

Small talk followed. Something about her flatmate’s ability to vacuum cobwebs, and she really wanted to ‘get into surfing’. Then something whacky happened. She managed to negotiate her way back to my apartment. But it wasn’t until she sat back on my lounge and rested her chin on her knees (way too comfortably), that I began to sweat. She was in for the long haul. I started inventing reasons in my mind for why she needed to leave. I tried out one after the other but nothing deterred her. Even when I picked up my keys and opened the door, telling her I had to go back to Poland. She just thought I was being 'funny'.

I must have had amnesia for the next 3 weeks, because I can't remember what happened.

But. One thing about me, I never burn my hand twice in exactly the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment