Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Date With The Incomparable Ms. Z. Drew

Part Six Continued..

The area was unfamiliar to me, near water and sheltered from suburbia by an air of historical industry.  While locating the address she had provided me with proved simple enough, I knew that this challenging individual wouldn’t be letting me off that easily.  I was right.
 
Approaching the door, what looked like a small parcel greeted me, wedged in the security screen.  Upon closer inspection, I found a smartphone wrapped in a scrap of paper, tied with a rubber band.  I started at a bark of laughter before realising it had come from me, then unwrapped the package and read the note my tormentress had left:

‘If you can figure out sat nav on the iphone, then you will find sunset.  Z’

Cursing my recent propensity to broadcasting my opinions around iphonic imperialism, I hit the single button on the thing and found an option called ‘maps’.  How fortunate the device had been engineered with the novice in mind, as locating the trail she had left involved just a few intuitive clicks.  I bundled back into the car and meandered through some back streets to a spot along the river.  There she waited on a two-seated pink sofa she had constructed out of deckchairs and cushions, bottle of beer in hand, music belting out of the window of her nearby car. 

To Be  Continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment