Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Date With The Incomparable Ms. Z. Drew

Part Five Continued..

The following days yielded more messages on Pink Sofa with references to moths, while the butterflies in my stomach slowly settled and found roosting positions.  The back and forth banter stirred up a capacity for salacious self-deprecation that I'd not realised would be so well received.  Diving in with stories of charming failures and distracting 
dalliances, I exorcised the demons of doubt and began to find my adventures amusing.  As did she.

I was beginning to realise that this woman shared my still-forming perspective that relationships as I had known them to this point were unhealthy and unsustainable.  Enlivened and enthralled, I explored, investigated and unravelled threads of argument and pressed her for feedback to my awakening understanding.  Previously unseen possibilities and alternatives were opening up in my relentless self-examination and a pattern was beginning to take shape from the fabric of our evolving conversation.

I had to meet her.  Sober and sane, armed with a developing awareness of self and a hunger for continued growth, I asked her out.  She accepted with an address and a single word: 'sunset'.

To Be Continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment