Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Date With The Incomparable Ms. Z. Drew

Part Four Continued..

Pink Sofa's message notification feature served me well at my office job, as leaving social networking sites open didn't paint the most flattering picture of administrative efficiency.  The next day, an email alerting me to this most anticipated of responses appeared, prompting me to hurriedly log in.  I felt my eyes widen and my breathing slow at what I read.

An elegant thanks for the compliment, then the bombshell: identifying herself as Zy from the Pink Sofa party.  An amusing and winsome reference to an interaction we'd shared involving a moth told me she'd not only been paying attention but was also looking to continue the dialogue.  

I was excited.  I was intrigued.  I was petrified.  The juxtaposition of my memory of the creature from that long-ago dinner party with this eloquent profile and direct countenance was almost too much.  Rather than letting my second-guessing monkey-mind tie knots in my ability to act, I quickly replied with a laugh and acknowledged the shared memory, promising to write more later once away from work.

To Be Continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment