Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hot Stuff Day Five Pt 3

I could hear her smile as she responded equally playfully in a Canadian accent. We gently sparred verbally for a minute or two.

One of my friends must have heard my voice and split the crowd to search me out. When she found me unashamedly flirting with Hot Stuff she beamed with delight and announced “Congratulations Zy, I see you have managed to meet HS. HS, this is Zy.” She guessed correctly that we had not yet introduced ourselves. But the spark must have been evident, because next my buddy produced an almighty lantern that she shone obnoxiously on me. “So HS, do you like what you see?”

I felt the burning of a thousand sets of eyes as HS looked me up and down openly. The assembly seemed to be doing the same as the Zy Show drew interest from those nearest. The growing interest was evidence that HS had collected an annual lobby of suitors also queueing for her attention, which furthered my discomfort greatly.

No matter. HS gave the spectators a nod of approval and for the rest of the night we were inseparable, the attraction insurmountable. A force existed that felt dangerous and impossible. She stared at me as though I was something unpolluted and fragile. We shared a couple of dances and then she apologised because she had to leave. I observed as her silhouette dissolved into the misty darkness and wondered if it was all just an illusion.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment