Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sultry

Part Five

She flew home after our initial wicked weekend and ‘getting to know you’ period (seriously nothing ‘happened’), and the next time we spoke was during my lunch break a couple of weeks later. Sultry rang to ask if I would like to join her on the weekend whilst she played in a football tournament in a town near mine: As in stay in her hotel with her, as in stay in her room with her, as in stay in her bed with her.
I said no I was busy.
She really needed to try harder.
This of course inspired the desired outcome. Turning on her charisma “I really think you need a break, you work so hard. Come on, I am hiring a car and will pick you up Friday night on my way through. It will be fun!” (Spontaneity just kills my resolve - the thrill of the adventure and the unknown). BUT I was officially ‘seeing’ someone else (a rare practice in itself). Obviously I wasn’t that serious though. “Maybe I could stay on the Friday and cycle home early Saturday…” During the call I became acutely aware that it was over with the other person. Well it had lasted 6 weeks.

She arrived late that Friday night in a hired supercar and a low-carb six pack. SHE DRANK LOW CARBOHYDRATE BEER. Being an athlete I was dreadfully impressed. Someone else had actually been sucked in by the marketing of overpriced beer flavored soda water. I threw my bike in the back and she threw me the keys. I looked at her. She cracked open a beer and grinned cheekily.

To Be Continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment