Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sultry

Part One

It was a dripping summer afternoon like most others in the mid-tropics where I was stationed. Melting over my kitchen counter after a mammoth bike ride and posting obnoxiously online, I discerned a Pink Sofa private message notification appear in my email. Intrigued, I logged in immediately to retrieve a curious message. I checked out the sender’s profile and learned she was an athlete obtainable 2500km inconveniently north of my keyboard.

Picture a setting where mountains gracefully enter the ocean via vast carpeted beaches. My mind puzzled merrily about the brochures I had seen showing the mystical way vapours collected around mountains, resembling puffs of disorganised fumes waiting to be inhaled.

Special Note:
These days I question the historical chemical imbalance of my personality composition such that when I received an interesting Pink Sofa message from a sultry athlete type, my mind instantly commenced accessing geographical coordinates and conducting feasibility studies and probability ratios of a successful partnership opportunity. Cringe.

So this breathtaking place where woman-eating reptiles and poisonous floaty jelly creatures roamed the waterways also produced lesbians? It made sense.

I kept my response concise and fairly abrupt to illustrate my lack of interest. She was subconsciously looking for someone wild, free and hard to hold down. She needed a challenge, I needed a holiday.

To Be Continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment